Information and dates are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm.
Monday-Sunday, November 21-27: Santa and Friends at Genesee Valley Center (Closed Thanksgiving), 3341 S. Linden Road, Flint * (810) 732-4000 * geneseemall.com
- (Open during center hours) Visit with Santa and friends, in center court, and walk through the Woodland display, based on the children’s book “Stranger in the Woods.” Visits with Santa are free and photos are available for a small fee.
Monday-Sunday, November 21-27: Santa Visits at Great Lakes Crossing Outlets (Open Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.), 4000 Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills * (248) 454-5000 * greatlakescrossingoutlets.com
- (Open during outlet hours) Get your picture taken with Santa and meet his Elves. Santa photo packages available.
Thursday, November 24: Thanksgiving Day at The Mounds, 6145 E. Mt. Morris Road, Mt. Morris * (800) 648-PARK * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 8 a.m. to sunset) Come out and experience this Thanksgiving tradition as 100’s of Mound fans get muddy before meeting family for dinner. Vehicles and ORVs of all shapes and sizes will work their way through the muddy trails of The Mounds. Get there early and receive a one-of-a-kind Thanksgiving Day decal! Regular fees and rules apply during this event.
Friday-Sunday, November 25-27: “Cosmic Christmas – A Christmas Laser Light Show” at Longway Planetarium, 1310 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 237-3400 or (810) 237-3409 * sloanlongway.org
- (Show begins Friday 3:30 p.m. & 8 p.m., Saturday 4:30 p.m. & 8 p.m. and Sunday 4:30 p.m.) Enjoy this Christmas light show made right here at Longway featuring a combination of 16 songs including several holiday classics, a few new hits and a couple of fun Christmas songs you might not have heard before. All this set to stunning 4k visuals in a festival of Christmas splendor. Shows are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm.
Friday-Sunday, November 25-27: Christmas at Crossroads “Holiday Magic,” 6140 Bray Road, Flint * (800) 648-PARK * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Open 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.) Visit Crossroads when thousands of lights sparkle like tiny stars throughout the village with live entertainment, model trains, holiday music, costumed villagers making vintage crafts, shops full of great holiday gifts and Santa himself bringing smiles to faces of all ages. Ride the Huckleberry Railroad for a festive night-time ride. Also, enjoy a glorious fireworks show and festivities during Friday’s opening night.
Friday-Sunday, November 25-27: Holly Dickens Festival, Village of Holly’s Entertainment District (Battle Alley) * (248) 634-7040 * hollydickensfestival.org
- (Festival runs Friday 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.) Step back in time and partake in this family-fun event as the Dickens Festival celebrates its 43rd year, the longest running Dickens themed event in the U.S. Stroll the streets of downtown Holly while enjoying the sweet sounds of carolers as they sing our favorite Christmas songs, visit Holly’s unique shops, listen to the story of Charles Dickens “A Christmas Carol”, grab a bite to eat, take a holiday carriage ride and more. Don’t miss Friday night’s lighted parade and the arrival of Santa for the traditional Tree Lighting Ceremony.
Saturday, November 26: “Flint Handmade Holiday Craft Market” at Flint’s Downtown Masonic Temple, 755 S. Saginaw Street, Flint * (810) 239-7469 * flinthandmade.org
- (Market runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) This 10th annual Holiday Craft Market features more than 50 vendors selling fresh, modern handmade goods including bags, jewelry, stuffed animals, accessories, bath products, paper goods, artwork and more.