We have a few more weeks before we start seeing peak fall color, but apple season is already underway in in Genesee County. Here are seven area orchards where you can enjoy freshly made cider, among other fall-favorite treats:
- Almar Orchards in Flushing: With more than 30 varieties of apples, Almar produces the popular J.K.’s Scrumpy Farmhouse Organic, a fermented hard cider that has no artificial flavors, additives or preservatives.
- Koan’s Orchard in Flushing: Situated on more than 100 acres, this country store offers freshly made cider, doughnuts, jams and jellies. The shop, at 12183 Beecher Road, is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday during the fall and winter seasons. (810) 659-8720
- McCarron’s Orchards & Bakery in Flushing: This small farm market and bakery features seasonal fresh cider made from McCarron’s own apples and pressed on-site at their cider mill.
- Montrose Orchards: Ready for cider, donuts and hayrides? The orchard – home to a farm market, bakery, pumpkin patch and more – will host its annual Fall Kick Off Sept. 19-20.
- Mueller’s Orchard & Cider Mill in Linden: This family operation offers freshly squeezed cider, a variety of doughnuts and family activities, including a petting zoo.
- Porter’s Orchard Farm Market & Cider Mill in Goodrich: Stop by for traditional apple cider or an ice-cold apple cider slushy. In addition to the bakery/donut shop, Porter’s offers a fall corn maze, a pumpkin patch, hayrides and more.
- Spicer Orchards in Fenton: This farm market, winery and cider mills has a 10,000 bushel storage area, a sorting machine, donut shop, bakery, cider mill, family-fun activities including a fall maze
For more information about area orchard and farms, click here.
Wonder what else is going on in #flintandgenesee? See What’s Possible right here.