Information and dates are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm.
June 17: “Honeybee KIDS: Beekeeper” at For-Mar Nature Preserve (Observation Hive), 2142 N. Genesee Road, Burton * (810) 789-8567 * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.) Join For-Mar’s favorite beekeeper, Jim Withers from Withers Mountain Honey Farm, for a fun and interactive kid friendly honeybee program. Recommended for families of all ages. Free admission.
June 17: “Tell-A Rep-Tail” at the Flint Public Library (Main Branch), 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 232-7111 * fpl.info
- (Event runs 6 p.m. to 7p.m.) Even reptiles love stories! Come read to some lovable reptile friends from the Genesee County Parks.
June 18: “Getting Artsy” at Applewood, 1400 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 233-3835 * ruthmottfoundation.org
- (Event runs 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.) Enjoy a fun-filled evening exploring the grounds at Applewood, filled with activities for all ages. There will be live entertainment, arts and crafts for kids, light, healthy local refreshments and more. Golf cart shuttles will be available for those with mobility challenges. Free admission.
June 20: “Superhero Hayride!” at For-Mar Nature Preserve, 2142 N. Genesee Road, Burton * (810) 789-8567 * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.) KaPOW! BOOM! BANG! Come meet For-Mar’s Nature Superheroes while traveling by hayride and trail through the park. Cartoonist, Randy Zimmerman, will be available to draw guests as superhero do-gooders. Participants are encouraged to come in their Superhero gear and help defend For-Mar from any evil doers they meet along the way! Hayrides leave every 45-minutes and are loaded on a first come, first served basis. Recommended for all ages. Free admission.
June 20: “Flint’s Lumber City Vintage Base Ball Club” at the William S. White Building (U-of-M Flint Campus), 509 Harrison Street, Flint * whaleyhouse.com
- (Game begins 2 p.m.) The Lumber City Vintage Base Ball Club will play against the Detroit Early Risers. This baseball club of Flint is part of the Whaley Historic House Museum’s History Everywhere initiative and the University of Michigan-Flint Department of History and combines contemporary features with elements of the game as it was played in the nineteenth century. Games are played on a unique space nestled along the Flint River on the U-of-M Flint Campus. Bring lawn chairs and blankets.
June 20: “Gemini Family Music Concert” at the Flint Public Library (Main Branch), 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 232-7111 * fpl.info
- (Concert runs 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.) Back by popular demand, San & Laz Slomovits share traditional folk songs from around the world in this high interactive, sing-along-and-move program for children and families.
June 20: Auto City Speedway presents the “Top Speed Modified Tour”, 10205 N. Saginaw Road, Clio * (810) 687-7384 or (810) 686-9500 * autocityspeedway.com
- (Gates open 4:30 p.m. and races begin 7 p.m.) Experience a fast-paced, fun-filled family night at the tracks featuring racing Suski prolate models, O’Guinn Family Funeral Home modifieds with IC.A.R., Herald Pure Stocks and Bob Kerns Figure-8’s.
June 20: Sloan Museum presents Movies in the Courtyard featuring “The Lego Movie”, 1221 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 237-3450 * sloanlongway.org
- (Doors open 8 p.m. and movie begins at dusk) Bring a blanket and settle in for a relaxing evening outside watching a movie. The Lego Movie is about an ordinary Lego construction worker, thought to be the prophesied ‘Special’, who is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil tyrant from gluing the Lego universe into eternal stasis. This film is rated PG. Concessions will be available.
June 20 & 21: 48th Annual “Flint Art Fair” on the grounds of the Flint Cultural Center’s Flint Institute of Arts, 1120 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 234-1695 * flintarts.org
- (Open Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.) Browse and shop from over 150 artists and craftspeople featuring original art, pottery, jewelry, clothing and more. Also, enjoy live music, food and children activities.