The first day of fall is fast approaching. Why not get into the autumn spirit and check out one (or more!) of Genesee County’s apple orchards?
- Almar Orchards in Flushing: With more than 30 varieties of apples, Almar produces the popular J.K.’s Scrumpy Farmhouse Organic, a fermented hard cider that has no artificial flavors, additives or preservatives.
- Koan’s Orchard in Flushing: Situated on more than 100 acres, this country store offers freshly made cider, doughnuts, jams and jellies. (810) 659-8720
- McCarron’s Orchards & Bakery in Flushing: This small farm market and bakery features seasonal fresh cider made from McCarron’s own apples and pressed on-site at their cider mill.
- Montrose Orchards: Enjoy a 30- to 45-minute hayride tour, which includes complimentary apple cider and donuts. Please call ahead to confirm hours.
- Mueller’s Orchard & Cider Mill in Linden: This family operation offers freshly squeezed cider, a variety of doughnuts and family activities, including a petting zoo.
- Porter’s Orchard Farm Market & Cider Mill in Goodrich: Stop by for traditional apple cider or an ice-cold apple cider slushy. In addition to the bakery/donut shop, Porter’s offers a fall corn maze, a pumpkin patch, hayrides and more.
- Spicer Orchards in Fenton: This farm market, winery and cider mills has a 10,000 bushel storage area, a sorting machine, donut shop, bakery, cider mill, family-fun activities including a fall maze.
For more information about area orchard and farms, click here.