Information and dates are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm.
Monday-Sunday, November 28-December 4: Santa and Friends at Genesee Valley Center, 3341 S. Linden Road, Flint * (810) 732-4000 * geneseemall.com
- (Open during center hours) Visit with Santa and friends, in center court, and walk through the Woodland display, based on the children’s book “Stranger in the Woods.” Visits with Santa are free and photos are available for a small fee.
Monday-Sunday, November 28-December 4: Santa Visits at Great Lakes Crossing Outlets, 4000 Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills * (248) 454-5000 * greatlakescrossingoutlets.com
- (Open during outlet hours) Get your picture taken with Santa and meet his Elves. Santa photo packages available.
Thursday & Friday, December 1 & 2: Flushing’s “Candlewalk Holiday Celebration,” Downtown Flushing’s Entertainment District/Main Street * (810) 659-4141 * flushingchamber.com
- (Event runs 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.) Enjoy two evenings of holiday music, choirs, ice sculptures, wood carvings, live performances, a “Lionel” train display, s’mores, refreshments, horse drawn wagon rides and more. You’ll find chestnuts roasting on an open fire on Main Street, warming stations throughout the area and Santa arriving in the Grand Parade to light the ceremonial tree (happening Thursday evening).
Friday, December 2: Linden’s “Holiday Happenings,” Downtown Linden’s Entertainment District/Millpond * lindenmi.us
- (Event runs 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.) This festive event begins with a Lighted Frosty Parade and fireworks over Millpond along with Santa visits at the Gazebo, live Nativity at Linden Methodist Church, horse carriage rides, a community sing-a-long, museum tours, ice sculptures, refreshments and more.
Friday-Sunday, December 2-4: “Cosmic Christmas – A Christmas Laser Light Show” at Longway Planetarium, 1310 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 237-3400 or (810) 237-3409 * sloanlongway.org
- (Show begins Friday 3:30 p.m. & 8 p.m., Saturday 4:30 p.m. & 8 p.m. and Sunday 4:30 p.m.) Enjoy this made at Longway Christmas light show featuring a combination of 16 songs including several holiday classics, a few new hits and a couple of fun Christmas songs you might not have heard before. All this set to stunning 4k visuals in a festival of Christmas splendor. Shows are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm.
Friday-Sunday, December 2-4: Christmas at Crossroads “Holiday Magic,” 6140 Bray Road, Flint * (800) 648-PARK * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Open 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.) Visit Crossroads when thousands of lights sparkle like tiny stars throughout the village with live entertainment, model trains, holiday music, costumed villagers making vintage crafts, shops full of great holiday gifts and Santa himself bringing smiles to faces of all ages. Ride the Huckleberry Railroad for a festive night-time ride.
Saturday, December 3: Fenton’s “Jinglefest and Jingle Jog 5K Run/Walk,” Downtown Fenton’s Entertainment District * fentonchamber.com
- (Event begins 10 a.m.) Enjoy holiday shopping, a talent show, carved ice sculptures, a Christmas market, live entertainment, a lighted parade, bonfires, hot cocoa, s’mores and more.
Saturday, December 3: Davison’s “Christmas on Main Street,” Downtown Davison’s Entertainment District * davisondda.org
- (Event runs 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.) Celebrate the holiday season with an Elf parade, hay rides, reindeer games, refreshments, craft tables, live music, strolling carolers and more.
Saturday, December 3: Flint’s YMCA Santa Run/Walk, 411 E. Third Street, Flint * (810) 232-9622 * flintymca.com
- (Run/Walk begins 12 p.m.) Partake in this family-fun charity event that takes all on a 5K run/walk and/or a 1-mile walk through downtown Flint. A 5-piece Santa suit is included in the registration fee. Register online at the website above.
Saturday, December 3: “Family Holiday Crafts: Mosaic Art with Painterly Pottery” at the Flint Public Library/Main Branch, 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 232-7111 * fpl.info
- (Event runs 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.) Build a decorative mosaic art piece using over 20 different colored glass pieces. This “make and take project” is full of possibilities for all ages and a great holiday gift idea.
Saturday & Sunday, December 3 & 4: Holly Dickens Festival, Village of Holly’s Entertainment District/Battle Alley * (248) 634-7040 * hollydickensfestival.org
- (Festival runs Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.) Step back in time and partake in this family-fun event as the Dickens Festival celebrates its 43rd year, the longest running Dickens themed event in the U.S. Stroll the streets of downtown Holly while enjoying the sweet sounds of carolers as they sing our favorite Christmas songs, visit Holly’s unique shops, listen to the story of Charles Dickens “A Christmas Carol”, grab a bite to eat, take a holiday carriage ride and more.
Saturday & Sunday, December 3 & 4: “Nutcracker” at The Whiting, 1241 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 237-7333 * thewhiting.com
- (Performances begin Saturday 2 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. and Sunday 3 p.m.) Enjoy the magic of the holidays with this timeless story told in dance and music with Nutcracker’s sparkling sets and beautiful costumes.