A number of local and national chefs will showcase some of their tastiest work at the Flint Farmers’ Market on Friday, Oct. 7. The Mixdown – a fundraiser benefiting youth arts at Flint Local 432 – will offer an evening of food tastings, chef demonstrations, a historical display of the music venue, as well as beer, wine and cocktails.
The fundraiser will be held from 6-9 p.m., with a lineup that includes:
- Charles Siegel (Charles Chocolates, San Francisco)
- Danny Moilanen (Vehicle City Tacos, Flint)
- Hannah Kovalcheck (Soggy Bottom Bar, Flint)
- Jonathan Short (Lafayette Grand Café & Bakery, New York City)
- Keysa Smith (Spectacular Spudz, Flint)
- Sean Gartland (Flint Food Works, Flint)
- Sean Thomas (Blue Plate, San Francisco)
- Tim Archuleta (Ichi Sushi, San Francisco)
- Tony Vu (MaMang, Flint)
The event will also feature offerings from Shorts Brewery and specialty cocktails from Ken Laatz of Soggy Bottom.