- It’s National Bike Month.
- Flint is one of nine Michigan cities considered to be a “bicycle friendly community” by the League of American Bicyclists.
- Recycle Bike Shop opens May 7. The new business, open Thursdays and Saturdays near the Flint Farmers’ Market, will offer basic repairs in addition to selling recycled and restored bicycles.
- 3 Disciples Racing will host its first Flint-based duathlon May 7. DU the Bricks, which kicks off at 8 a.m., includes two 5K runs and one 20K bike portion.
- There will be a free bike-decorating event May 12. MorphACTion will host the offbeat arts & crafts project at Tenacity Brewing, at 119 N. Grand Traverse St., Flint, from 4-8 p.m.
- Social Cycling Flint has resumed its weekly Thursday Night Party Ride. The group rides at a slow, social pace and ends the ride each week at a different local bar, event or party.
- HealthPlus Tour de Crim offers the opportunity to check out the famous 10-mile blue line course by bike on May 14. Participants and onlookers can also enjoy the various art displays and performances provided through Journey of Hope through Arts and Culture.
Where do you like to bike ride in Genesee County? Let us know in the comments below.
What else is going on in Flint and Genesee County? Click here to find out.