Did you know that April is Wine Month in Michigan? Good thing there are plenty of opportunities to celebrate (in moderation) in Flint and Genesee!
In addition to being home to vintners including the Fenton Winery & Brewery and Spicers Orchards & Winery, the region also lays claim to several vino-loving restaurants and establishments. Take, for instance, the following locations that offer wine tastings and classes throughout the year:
- Cork on Saginaw in Flint regularly hosts wine tastings on and off premises. On April 19, the eatery will offer a class exploring wine’s “quality/price ratio.” Admission is $25 per person by reservation. For more information, call (810) 422-9625 or click here.
- Special to this month, the Flint Institute of Arts will hosts its 17th Annual From Vine to Wine tasting event on April 16. The event will feature a wide selection of wines, food provided by local restaurants and live entertainment from the Mott Community College Jazz Combo. Tickets start at $100 per person. For details, click here.
- In addition to the beer and wine tastings held each Saturday, Oliver T’s in Grand Blanc also offers monthly wine classes, priced at $25 per person. Upcoming themes include Modern Portugal (April 21) and Main Street vs. Wall Street (May 19), a blind tasting where you’re the judge. To learn more, call 810-695-6550 or click here.
- Redwood Steakhouse & Brewery in Flint Township hosts wine tastings the fourth Monday of each Monday. Admission is $25 per person and includes four wines paired with food courses. The April tasting will meet early this month (April 18) and will features pairings such as Mahi Mahi with shrimp and vanilla sauce with Murrieta’s Well The Whip. For more info, call 810-233-8000 or click here.
- Signature Chop House in Flushing offers wine tastings on the last Thursday of each month. Tickets are $50 per person and include five wines paired with five courses. To learn more, call 810-867-4319 or click here.
What else is going on in Flint and Genesee County? Click here to find out.