There are many ways to prepare a potato, but at Spectacular Spudz, baked is the way to go.
The business, which opened at the Flint Farmers’ Market in October 2015, offers a dozen different topping options, including:
- Original Spud (Butter & Sour Cream)
- Loaded (Bacon, Cheese, Scallions, Sour Cream)
- Chicken Alfredo (Chicken Alfredo, Parmesan)
- Veggie (Spinach, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers)
- Broccoli, Chicken & Cheese
- Original Sweet (Cinnamon Honey Butter)
- Sweet Spud (Pecans, Brown Sugar, Honey Butter)
- Philly Steak & Onion
- Chili Cheese Spud (Turkey)
- Steak & Mushroom
- Super Loaded Spud
- Shrimp Alfredo
Owner Keysa Smith says she based the concept on the Potato Patch — an eatery once located in Flint’s Windmill Place, at Fifth Avenue and Saginaw Street.
“I wanted to bring something to Flint that would stir up people’s memories,” Smith says.
Prices range from $6 to $11. Turkey chili and baked spud soup are also available for $5 each.
Spectacular Spudz is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. For more information, click here or call 810-309-7952.