The Flint Local 432 is celebrating the “Big 3-0” with a gala weekend that highlights prominent chefs and local luminaries with ties to the music and art venue.
The weekend celebration will kick off Friday, Oct. 2 with a food and beverage event hosted by Flint Food Works and Flint Farmers’ Market from 6-9 p.m. The lineup includes:
- Jody Brunori (The Laundry, Fenton)
- Tony Vu (Wraps ‘N Rolls, MaMang, Flint)
- Cristian Gilbert (Soggy Bottom Bar, Flint)
- Alex Fleece and Dan Moilanen (Vehicle City Tacos, Flint)
- Tim Archuleta (ICHI Sushi +NI Bar, ICHI Kakiya, San Francisco)
- Chocolatier Charles Siegel (Charles Chocolates, San Francisco)
- Jonathan Short (Lafayette Grand Café & Bakery, Savoy, New York City)
- Nathaniel Keller (Sprig, Google, Gastronaut, San Francisco)
- Sean Thomas (Blue Plate, WD~50, Parts and Labor, San Francisco)
For more information about the chefs or to purchase tickets, visit https://seeandbseen.org/category/um-flint/page/2/.
There will be two different music events later that night. The Flint Local 432 will host a free, all-ages concert from 7-11 p.m. Featured bands include Embracing Silence, Overdrive, The Spoops, The Kitson Sisters and Fight to Forget.
From 9:30 p.m. to 2 a.m., Churchill’s After-Party (21+) will feature Rats of Unusual Size, Guilty Bystanders and The Will.
The celebration will continue on Saturday, Oct. 3 with the Flint Zombie Walk from noon to 4 p.m., followed by another free, all-ages concert from 7-11 p.m. Featured bands include Kinetic Stereokids, Diver, Rats of Unusual Size, The Singing Lungs; Rabbit Ain’t Lucky (RAL).
For more information about the gala weekend, visit www.flintlocal432turns30.org.
Wonder what else is going on in #flintandgenesee? See What’s Possible right here.