Information and dates are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm.
July 7: Music in the Parks presents the “Gospel Music Celebration featuring The Flint Jubilee Chorale, The Flint Community Gospel Singers” and more at Mott Park
Nolen Drive, Flint * (810) 238-1350 * thefim.org
- (Event begins 7 p.m.) Bring your family and friends and enjoy an evening of great gospel during this Music in the Parks concert series. Bring your lawn chair. (Rain Location: The Whiting at 1241 E. Kearsley Street, Flint)
July 7: “Origami, Kirigami and Tanabata” at Linden County Park, Clover Beach Pavilion, 15349 S. Linden Road, Linden * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.) July 7th (or August 7th in some areas) is Japan’s Tanabata or Star Festival, where people write their wishes on tanzaku (colorful small strip of paper) and hang them on bamboo trees, along with other decorations, in hope that their wishes will come true. The most common Tanabata decorations are the streamers usually made with variously colored origami. Make your own origami with Artist David Larwa. Recommended for all ages. Free admission.
July 8: “Lunch on the Lawn Storytime” at the Flint Public Library – Main Branch, 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 249-2170 * fpl.info
- (Event runs 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.) Ms. Brenda will share stories on the Library Lawn. Feel free to bring a sack lunch and blanket. Recommended for toddlers, preschool and elementary school ages. (Rain Location: Children’s Room)
July 8: “Let’s Go To The Hop” at Clio Amphitheater, 301 Rogers Lodge Drive, Clio * (810) 686-5850 * clio.govoffice.com
- (Gates open 6 p.m. show begins 7 p.m.) Enjoy an evening listening to the biggest musical hits of the 50′s featuring Danny & The Juniors and Tommy Vale & The Torpedos. Relive Rock-N-Roll hits such as “The Pony”, “The Swim”, “The Fish”, “Twistin USA”, “Teenager In Love” and much more.
July 10: “Tell-A-Tail” at the Flint Public Library – Main Branch, 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 249-2170 * fpl.info
- (Event runs 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.) These friendly therapy dogs will accept any and all petting as children practice their reading skills. Those waiting to read can complete a craft.
July 11: Dixie Motor Speedway, 10945 Dixie Hwy, Birch Run * (989) 624-9778 * dixiemotorspeedway.com
- (Gates open 5 p.m. races begin 7:30 p.m.) Enjoy nonstop, live entertainment on one of the premier short tracks in the Midwest. Tonight’s family event features EOD’s.
July 11 & 12: Theater in Our Parks presents “Snow White” (geneseecountyparks.org)
- Friday 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Linden County Park, Clover Beach Pavilion – 15349 S. Linden Road, Linden
- Saturday 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. – For-Mar Nature Preserve – 2142 N. Genesee Road, Burton
- Saturday 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Flushing County Park Pavilion #5 – 4417 N. McKinley Road, Flushing
- The Kearsley Park Players present the classic fairy tale, “Snow White,” in a production designed to please the whole family. This fairy tale favorite with the magic mirror, poison apple, wicked stepmother and the lovely Snow White is sure to delight. Free admission.
July 11 – 13: “Our Lady of Lebanon Mid-East Festival” at Our Lady of Lebanon Maronite Catholic Church, 4133 Calkins Road, Flint Township * (810) 732-2370 * mideastfestival.com
- (Event runs Friday 11:30 a.m. to Midnight, Saturday 12 p.m. to Midnight and Sunday 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.) Enjoy this annual event featuring live entertainment, belly dancing performances, authentic homemade foods, church tours, raffles, a fireworks display at 9:40 p.m. on Saturday and more.
July 12: “Fenton Artwalk” at Fenton’s Downtown Entertainment District, Leroy Street, Fenton * fentonbecloser.com
- (Event runs 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Enjoy this community event celebrating the arts and showcasing local and regional artists. Artists will display their work inside participating businesses and at local organizations. Visitors can circulate through the storefronts to see and shop for artwork. Also enjoy live entertainment, sculptures, dining, storytelling and more including a Community Afterglow from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
July 12: “Buckham Alley Fest” at Downtown Flint’s Buckham Alley, Flint’s Downtown Entertainment District * buckhamalleyfest.com
- (Event runs 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.) Come be a part of this 4th annual downtown Flint event featuring 10 bands on 2 stages, dancing, crafts, food & drinks, street performers and more.
July 12: “MODS-70 Sam Faur Memorial Show” at Auto City Speedway, 10205 N. Saginaw Road, Clio * (810) 687-7484 or 686-9500 * autocityspeedway.com
- (Gates open 4:30 p.m. races begin 7 p.m.) Experience a fast-paced, fun-filled family night at the tracks featuring modifieds, Pure Stock, Street Stock and Figure-8’s. Wear your favorite team gear and get $2 off admission.
July 13: Flint’s “Lumber City Vintage Base Ball Club” at the William S. White Building (U-of-M Flint Campus), 509 Harrison Street, Flint * whaleyhouse.com
- (Game runs 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.) The Lumber City Vintage Base Ball Club will play against the Wahoo Club of Royal Oak. This baseball club of Flint is part of the Whaley Historic House Museum’s History Everywhere initiative and the University of Michigan-Flint Department of History and combines contemporary features with elements of the game as it was played in the nineteenth century. Bring lawn chairs.