Information and dates are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm.
August 3: “The Extreme Duct Tape Workshop with Joel Tracey” at Linden County Park (Clover Beach Pavilion), 15349 S. Linden Road, Linden * (800) 648-PARK * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.) Come choose from 50+ colors and prints of duct tape, custom templates and all the necessary supplies to make and take anything you can dream up. Fun prizes will be awarded for Best Creation, Silliest Creation and Best Wearable Duct Tape Creation. Recommended for families of all ages. Free admission.
August 4: Clio Amphitheater presents a Tribute to Woodstock with “Magic Bus”, 301 Rogers Lodge Drive, Clio * (810) 686-5850 * clio.govoffice.com
- (Gates open 6 p.m. show begins 7 p.m.) Relax and enjoy an evening dedicated to the Rock-n-Roll sounds of Woodstock.
August 6: “Bring Your Lunch and Learn” at Applewood, 1400 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 233-3835 * applewood.org
- (Event runs 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.) Stroll the grounds of Applewood and soak in the beauty of Mother Nature. An optional short learning activity will be presented at noon. Bring a sack-lunch. Free admission.
August 6: “Music in the Parks” at Max Brandon Park (Forest Park), 3606 Dupont Street, Flint * thefim.org
- (Music runs 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.) Music in the Parks celebrates Flint & Genesee’s diverse cultural heritage through music, presenting performers from a variety of genres each year. Tonight’s concert will feature “Sweet Willie Tea.” Bring a picnic basket, blanket or lawn chair and the whole family for this fun and casual concert! Rain location will be held at The Whiting at 1241 E. Kearsley Street, Flint. Free admission.
August 8: “Honeybee Hive Inspection” at For-Mar Nature Preserve, 2142 N. Genesee Road, Burton * (810) 789-8567 * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.) Join For-Mar’s favorite beekeeper, Jim Withers from Withers Mountain Honey Farm, as he opens up some learning hives to check on some busy bee friends. Meet at the apiary in the Arboretum, weather permitting. Recommended for ages 16 and older. Free admission.
August 8: “Strolling Saturday” at Applewood, 1400 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 233-3835 * applewood.org
- (Event runs 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) Explore the beauty of Flint’s Applewood Estates in a casual setting. Free admission.
August 8: Flint’s “Drop Fest”, Flint’s Downtown Entertainment District, Buckham Alley * facebook.com/events/279833485474089/
- (Festival runs 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.) Enjoy this 4th annual mid-Michigan electronic music festival with three stages featuring electronic music with over 30 DJ’s from around the Midwest, live art demonstrations, vendors, workshops and much more. Free admission.
August 8: “Flint’s Lumber City Vintage Base Ball Club” at the William S. White Building (U-of-M Flint Campus), 509 Harrison Street, Flint * whaleyhouse.com
- (Game begins 2 p.m.) The Lumber City Vintage Base Ball Club will play against the Fallasburg Flats. This Flint baseball club is part of the Whaley Historic House Museum’s History Everywhere initiative and the University of Michigan-Flint Department of History and combines contemporary features with elements of the game as it was played in the nineteenth century. Games are played on a unique space nestled along the Flint River on the U-of-M Flint Campus. Bring lawn chairs and blankets.
August 8: Auto City Speedway presents “CRA/JEGS Dog Days of Summer”, 10205 N. Saginaw Road, Clio * (810) 687-7384 or (810) 686-9500 * autocityspeedway.com
- (Gates open 4:30 p.m. and races begin 7 p.m.) Experience a fast-paced, fun-filled family night at the tracks offering $1.00 hot dogs tonight!
August 8: Sloan Museum presents “Movies in the Courtyard”, 1221 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 237-3450 * sloanlongway.org
- (Doors open at 8 p.m. and movie begins at dusk) Bring a blanket and settle in for a relaxing evening, outside, watching the movie “The Wedding Ringer”, which is about a socially awkward guy who, just two weeks shy of his wedding, enters into a charade by hiring the owner of a company that provides best men for grooms in needs (Rated R). Concessions and a cash bar will be available.