Information and dates are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm.
July 28: “Lunch on the Lawn Storytime” at the Flint Public Library (Main Branch), 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 232-7111 * fpl.info
- (Event runs 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.) Ms. Brenda will share stories on the library lawn. Feel free to bring a sack lunch and blankets. Rain location will be at the libraries Children’s Room.
July 28: “Disgusting Science” at Flushing County Park (Pavilion #1), 4417 N. McKinley Road, Flushing * (800) 648-PARK * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.) Learn about the science behind unmentionable bodily functions while doing some truly nasty experiments. Grow your own germs and fuzzy molds, mix a batch of coagulating fake blood or make a stinky intestine. It’s gross, it’s disgusting, but it’s so much fun! Recommended for families of all ages. Free admission.
July 29: Clio Amphitheater presents a “Shania Twain & Tim McGraw Tribute”, 301 Rogers Lodge Drive, Clio * (810) 686-5850 * clio.govoffice.com
- (Gates open 6 p.m. show begins 7 p.m.) Relax and enjoy an evening dedicated to Shania Twain with a special tribute to Tim McGraw.
August 1: “Butterfly Garden Tour” at For-Mar Nature Preserve, 2142 N. Genesee Road, Burton * (810) 789-8567 * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.) Learn about For-Mar’s butterfly population then take a guided tour through For-Mar’s many butterfly habitats, including their new butterfly house. Recommended for ages 16 and older.
August 1: “Nature’s Superheroes Training Day: Become a Cartoonist” at For-Mar Nature Preserve, 2142 N. Genesee Road, Burton * (810) 789-8567 * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.) Randy Zimmerman, the cartoonist who designed For-Mar’s Nature’s Superheroes, will teach the basics of drawing your favorite superheroes.
August 1: “Bats in Michigan and Building a Bat House Demos” at the Flint Public Library (Main Branch), 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 232-7111 * fpl.info
- (Event runs 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.) Discover the truth about Michigan bats and how they live in this exciting and interactive presentation. Afterwards, learn how to build a bat house from scratch! You will also learn about the types of bats likely to live in your bat house, as well as tips to attract bats. Plans will be available for participants to take home. Recommended for middle and high school ages and adults.
August 1: Auto City Speedway presents the 60th Anniversary “Mudslinger 150”
10205 N. Saginaw Road, Clio * (810) 687-7384 or (810) 686-9500 * autocityspeedway.com
- (Gates open 4:30 p.m. and races begin 7 p.m.) Experience a fast-paced, fun-filled family night at the tracks featuring the Outlaw Super Late Models in the Mudslinger 100 lap, the MTS Automotive Sprints, Herald Pure Stocks and Bob Kerns Auto Repair Figure 8’s.
August 1 & 2: “Warrior Dash” at E.A. Cummings Event Center, 6130 E. Mt. Morris Road, Mt. Morris * warriordash.com
- (Event begins 8 a.m.) Warrior Dash is the world’s largest obstacle race series, held on the most rugged terrain. Participants earn their Warrior helmet by tackling a fierce 3-4 mile course and 12 extreme obstacles. After conquering the battleground, Warriors celebrate with turkey legs, beer steins and live music. Pre-registration is required at the above website.
August 1 & 2: “Good Times in Goodrich Festival” at Goodrich Commons Park, Downtown Goodrich Entertainment District * gtig.info
- (Festival runs Saturday 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Throughout Goodrich, there will be activities and events set up for everyone to participate in. The weekend will kick off with the annual Kayla O’Mara Memorial Road Race, featuring a 5-K and 10-K race along with a 1/2 mile Fun Run. Also enjoy a parade, a kids zone, music, food, business vendors, demonstrations, a Movie in the Park and much more.