Information and dates are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm.
February 9: “Homeschool Skate” at Rollhaven, 5315 S. Saginaw Road, Grand Blanc * (810) 694-4533 * rollhaven.com
- (Skating runs 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.) Come out for some fun Valentine skating featuring candy scramble, Valentine trivia and a Hershey Kiss Guess. Get a free Kiss for every skater. Admission includes skates/blade rental.
February 12 & 13: “Back to the Bricks Chrome & Ice Show” at Dort Event Center, 3501 Lapeer Road, Flint * (810) 744-0580 * backtothebricks.org
- (Event runs Friday 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.) For the first time, Back to the Bricks and Buick will sponsor an indoor winter car show featuring a “summertime” theme complete with sand and palm trees and live entertainment by a California-based “beach boy” band. Enjoy this inaugural, concours style event showcasing “rare and unusual” cars.
February 12 & 13: “Ragtime” at The Whiting, 1241 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 237-7333 * thewhiting.com
- (Performances begin Friday 8 p.m. and Saturday 2 p.m. & 8 p.m.) Set in turn-of-the-century New York, enjoy the stories of an upper-class wife, a determined Jewish immigrant and a daring your Harlem musician – all three united by their desire and belief in a brighter tomorrow.
February 13: “Handmade Mini Market” at Flint Farmers’ Market, 300 E. First Street, Flint * (810) 232-1399 * flinthandmade.org
- (Market runs 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) Flint Handmade is hosting its 2nd annual Valentine’s Mini Market featuring local crafters with items that will make great Valentine’s Day gifts. Handcrafted products will include cards and prints, ceramics, jewelry, homemade jams, soy candles, natural bath and beauty products and more. Free admission and a make-and-take craft station for all ages.
February 13: “Super Saturday Storytime” at the Flint Public Library (Main Branch), 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 232-7111 * fpl.info
- (Event runs 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.) Join a library staff member for themed stories, literacy and hands-on activities in the Children’s Room. Recommended for preschool, kindergarten and elementary school ages.
February 13: “STEM Saturdays” at the Flint Public Library (Main Branch), 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 249-2170 * fpl.info
- (Event runs 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.) Learn the fun of working and playing with Science, Technology and Math. Recommended for elementary school ages.
February 13: “Whooo’s In Love?” at For-Mar Nature Preserve, 2142 N. Genesee Road, Burton * (810) 789-8567 * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.) For-Mar is hosting a romantic night outside for all those looking for the perfect outdoor Valentine’s Day adventure. Take a moonlight stroll through For-Mar, sip on some hot cocoa, call for owls and have a couples photo taken. Recommended for ages 16 and older. Free admission.
February 13: Flint Firebirds Hockey at Dort Event Center, 3501 Lapeer Road, Flint * (810) 744-0580 * flintfirebirds.com
- (Game begins 7:30 p.m.) The Flint Firebirds will play against Owen Sound. The Firebirds are part of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) and represent a continuation of Flint’s rich hockey tradition.
February 13 & 14: “Skate with Mickey & Minnie Mouse” at Crystal Fieldhouse Ice Arena, 5371 Daly Farms Drive, Burton * (810) 744-0800 * crystalfh.com
- (Skating runs 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.) Come celebrate Valentine’s Day at Crystal Fieldhouse Ice Arena and meet and skate with Minnie and Mickey Mouse! General admission, VIP and family packages are available.