Whether your spending Valentine’s weekend with your partner, kids or friends, there are plenty of ways to celebrate in Flint and Genesee. Here are a few ideas for celebrating with your…
- Take part in an outdoor adventure at For-Mar. As part of the “Whooo’s In Love?” event, which runs from 7-9 p.m. Feb. 13, couples can take a moonlit stroll through the nature preserve, sip on some hot cocoa, call for owls and have a couples photo taken. Recommended for ages 16 and older. Free admission.
- Enjoy dinner under the stars at Longway Planetarium from 6-10 p.m. Feb. 14. Tickets are $150 per couple and include a cocktail hour before the event, a plated dinner and bottle of red or white wine.
- Hit the ice with Mickey and Minnie Mouse at Crystal Fieldhouse Ice Arena. The open skate is scheduled for 2-4 p.m. Feb. 13-14. General admission is $10, with VIP and family packages available.
- Create heart sun catchers at the Flint Children’s Museum. Children will also learn what kinds of crazy, cool structures can be made out of hearts. This activity will be offered at 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Feb. 10-12.
- Enjoy a girls’ night out – complete with shopping and signature cocktails – at Sloan Museum. Galantine’s Day runs from 6-10 p.m. Feb 12. Tickets are $5.
- Shop local during Flint Handmade’s 2nd Annual Valentine’s Mini Market. The market, which runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 13, will feature the work of local crafters. There will also be a make-and-take craft station for all ages. Admission is free.
- Catch a live round of the Dating Game at Churchill’s Food & Spirits. The Creative Alliance event kicks off at 9 p.m. Feb. 13.
Do you know of any other Valentine’s Day-themed events taking place this weekend? If so, feel free to share in the comments below!