Information and dates are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm.
November 17: “Ladies Night Out” at Crossroads Village, 6140 Bray Road, Flint * (800) 648-PARK * geneseecountyparks.org
- (Event runs 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.) Ladies, gather your friends and get a jump on the holidays when the Village opens for a fun-filled night! Vendors will offer everything from homemade soaps and fresh wreaths to folk art and beautiful jewelry. Village shops will be stocked with gifts for everyone on your list.
November 18 & 21 – 23: “Global Issues Film Festival” at the Mott Community College Regional Technology Center Auditorium, 1401 E. Court Street, Flint * (810) 762-0278
- From the Biafran struggle for independence, to innovative green initiatives, to the harsh reality of the Australian Aboriginal people, this 13th annual festival provides insight into issues facing people around the world and right here in the US. Six films will be featured and include: “Half of a Yellow Sun” (Nov 18 @ 5 p.m.), “Utopia” (Nov 21 @ 7 p.m.), “Deep Green” (Nov 22 @ 1 p.m.), “A Bridge Apart” (Nov 22 @ 3 p.m.), “Crossing Borders” (Nov 23 @ 1 p.m.) and “The Wisdom to Survive” (Nov 23 @ 3 p.m.).
November 21: The Flint School of Performing Arts presents a “Faculty Concert” at the Flint Institute of Music’s MacArthur Recital Hall, 1025 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 238-1350 * thefim.org
- (Concert begins 7 p.m.) Hear talented Flint School of Performing Arts faculty artists perform an amazing range of music in this exciting concert series featuring Jeff Price, Classical Saxophone. This concert is free and open to the public.
November 21: “Wanda Sykes” at The Whiting, 1241 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 237-7333 * thewhiting.com
- (Performance begins 8 p.m.) Enjoy this hilarious evening with Wanda Sykes who has been called “one of the funniest stand-up comics” by her peers and ranks among Entertainment Weekly’s 25 Funniest People in America! Show is recommended for mature audiences
November 21 & 22: “Michigan Warriors” Hockey at Flint’s Perani Arena & Event Center, 3501 Lapeer Road, Flint * (810) 744-0580 * peraniarena.com
- (Games begin 7 p.m.) The Michigan Warriors hockey team will play against Coulee Region. The Michigan Warriors are a Tier II Junior A ice hockey team and play in the North American Hockey League’s North Division. The team represents a continuation of Flint’s rich hockey tradition.
November 22: “Super Saturday Storytime” at the Flint Public Library (Main Branch), 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 232-7111 * fpl.info
- (Event runs 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.) Join a Library staff member for themed stories, literacy and hands-on activities in the Children’s Room. Recommended for preschool, kindergarten and elementary school ages.
November 22: “Saturday Walk-In Crafts” at the Flint Public Library (Main Branch), 1026 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 232-7111 * fpl.info
- (Event runs 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.) Meet in the Children’s Room for some fun hands-on craft projects. Recommended for preschool, kindergarten and elementary school ages.
November 22: “Christmas Rocks – A Powerful Family Celebration” at The Whiting, 1241 E. Kearsley Street, Flint * (810) 237-7333 * thewhiting.com
- (Performance begins 2:30 p.m.) For the 42nd consecutive year, enjoy this popular 250-voice CMI Michigan/Ohio Concert Choir featuring favorite selections to launch the holiday season. The concert mixes the most requested music of the holidays with production, pageantry, visuals, costuming, special effects, sound, creative lighting, audience participation and excellent musical talent.